“Radical Womanhood – Feminine Faith in a Feminist World” – Speaker – Carolyn McCulley
Friday – March 25th, 7 – 9p / Saturday – March 26th, 8a – 4:30p
Location: Sovereign Grace Church @ 1280 North Cooper Road, Gilbert, Arizona 85233 http://www.sovgracechurch.com
SPACE IS LIMITED FOR THIS CONFERENCE – EARLY REGISTRATION IS ENCOURAGED
Early Registration Cost: (Feb 1 through Mar 6): $45.00 – Individual / $25 – Student/Daughter (girls aged 15 through college)
Normal Registration Cost: (After Mar 6): $50.00 – Individual / $30 – Student/Daughter (girls aged 15 through college)
Note: Second or Third Daughter registration is $10 each.
6:30 Check in / Registration
7:00 Main Session 1
8:45 Networking – Coffee-Snacks/Book Sales
8:00 Main Session 2
9:30 Workshop 1
11:00 Workshop 2
12:15 LUNCH – Book Sales
1:00 Workshop 3
2:45 Main Session 3
4:30 Wrap up and Dismiss – Book Sales
Workshop choices listed below:
Plenary Session Topics:
Session One: “Radical Womanhood: The History of An Idea”.
In this session, Carolyn introduces the history of women in our nation and the ideas that have shaped our view of womanhood.
Session Two: “Radical Womanhood: Investing in the Private Sphere”
Why do we have the “mommy wars”? Why did the home become a place of consumption, instead of productivity? What’s at stake in the mission field of the private sphere? You may be surprised why this is all relevant to the spiritual battles of today.
Session Three: “Radical Womanhood: The Female Raunch Culture”
This message provides an overview of has happened in terms of sexuality and relationships to create the current female raunch culture. This is a session older high school and college students should hear.
NOTE: Due to limited facility space the workshops have been divided into the following schedule. If we cannot accommodate your selections, we would like you to know that you will be receiving handouts for ALL workshops in your notebook.
Workshop AM #1:
- Me — an Approval Junkie? – Learning to Fear God Instead of Man – Ann Angstead
- Domestic Tranquility – The Possible Dream – Irmie Olmstead
- In Context & In Counsel – Inductive Tools for Real Heart Renovation – Alane Kovach
- At Your Service – Identifying & Using Your Spiritual Gifts – Linda Huffman
- Coffee House Theology – Straight Talk About God, Evil & Suffering – Dora Pearch (Student/Singles Track)
Workshop AM #2:
- Cultivating Contentment in a Culture of Consumerism- Suzanne Blevins
- Bless the Broken Road – Can Doctrine Give Meaning to My Life’s Journey? - Kate Fuller
- Sister to Sister – Understanding Our Calling to Discipleship & Counseling – Janet Gustafson
- Can I Introduce you to Jesus? – Evangelism for Everyday Life – Tina Franchimone
- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not – Carolyn McCulley (Student/Singles Track)
Workshop PM #3:
- A Life That Says Welcome – Practicing Biblical Hospitality – Brenda Specht
- Into the Word – Basic Bible Study Methods – Dora Pearch
- Falling In Love With Prayer – Kim Peelen
- Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again – The Gospel & Our Emotions – Janis Shank
- Status Update – The Virtues & Vices of Social Media – Kristen McLaren (Student/Singles Track)